Attitude Is Everything: Change Your Attitude … Change Your Life! (Book Summary)
The major takeaways from this book are-
- Attitude is everything. Even in the worst cases, you have an option to choose your attitude: how’d you respond to that problem.
- You can’t ignore negative thoughts altogether. Instead, you can try indulging more positive thoughts. The positive thoughts should dominate your negative thoughts.
- Visualize your success. Be clear about the things and goals you want to achieve
- Be committed to yourself. Make “no matter what” type habits. Like, I read and write daily, no matter what.
- Learn how to turn your problems into opportunities. Adversities change our perspectives and teach us important life-lessons.
- Your words carry more importance than you realize. Always be careful and keep a check on what words are you using often and they tend to imply.
- Whenever someone asks “Hey, how are you?” Reply with “Amazing! Awesome! Wonderful!” instead of plain”fine, or Okay”. Heck, I often reply with “I am AWESOME!” It feels AMAZING.
- Stop Complaining. Instead, count your blessings. This one practice can change your whole lifestyle.
- Heaven helps those who act. Be a man of action.
- Add up more positive people in your life and cut off the toxic people that are compromising your mental peace.
- Confront your fears. This is by far one of the most difficult tasks. Do it, and you’ll be way ahead than a lot of people.
- Get out of your comfort zone. Chances are, you’ll fail, initially. That’s the thing. Come up, fail as quickly as possible, and then learn from it. Improve accordingly.
- Patience and perseverance are the keys to longer run. And, life is not a sprint as we know.
This book is a quick and short read (144 pages). But man! the lessons written here are so valuable. The author has used simple language. Even the beginners can/should read this book.
Amazon link- http://amzn.to/2Ev8xnT
It’s definitely a highly recommended book for everyone.
P.S. You may also like to read other summaries like-