It’s been exactly a month today when the whole of India is in lockdown for corona outbreak.
It’s tough for everyone – especially someone who loves socializing (someone like me) – not to go out to eat, or not to try new cafes, not to have dinner with friends.
But yeah, these aren’t normal times. So even our way of dealing shouldn’t be a normal routine.
Here’s a 3-step strategic formula I have been practising with my 1-on-1 clients for the last 1 months, and yeah, I have seen real-time results with this.
Going back to the basics – Eat well. Sleep Well. Keep moving.
- Consume healthy food. Don’t stress. If you wanna have some sugar, go ahead. But try eating as much healthy and light as you can.
- Sleep well. At times. Wake up at definite times. Don’t work from your bed all day.
- Move your body. Yoga, callisthenics, stretching… whatever works for you. If you have a balcony, and you can walk there… that’d be awesome!
How to respond to any positive/negative situation?
Breathe. Smile. Meditate. Let go.
- Deep breaths. Not every situation demands an immediate reply. Take a minute. You have time. Don’t react. RESPOND.
- Watch comedy movies and TV Series. Cliche, I know. But yep, laughter is great medicine.
- Sit in silence. Practice mindfulness and nothingness. Meditate on your situation. Think with logic. Why is this happening? Can I do something about it? Why am I feeling the way I’m feeling? What is the trigger for this emotion? What is this emotion trying to tell me?
- LET GO. No matter how positive/negative a situation is… detach yourself from the situation itself.
Now when you have successfully practised the first 2 steps, here comes the third one.
Repeat this to yourself: “I am the creator of my life”
- Take responsibility. If you don’t like your current situation, turn it around.
- All the answers are within you. Your coach/mentor/teacher can only help you with new perspectives. But ultimately, you’d have to do the work.
And if you’re done with all this, and you’re ready to move forward in life…
Drop me an email at email@example.com with the subject line “1-on-1 coaching” and let’s see if we can work together 🙂
STEP 1 – Eat well, Sleep Well, Keep your body moving.
STEP 2 – Breathe, Smile, Meditate, Let Go.
STEP 3 – Take responsibility, and repeat this to yourself – “I’m the creator of my own life”.