Last night, in my Business mentorship program, I offered extensive training on building connections and conversations through DMs.
Here are the 7 most important points from that training
1. It’s a service. Connecting with others and exchanging thoughts is how we grow as a society. It’s not a bother to people. The right people are ready to connect with you deeply.
2. You don’t need to convince anyone of anything. You can lead the conversation with curiosity instead of trying to sell with desperation.
3. Don’t ask silly questions. If you’re really curious about how’s weather at my place, go to my LinkedIn profile, check where I live, and google its current weather. Get to the point. Ask what you really wish to ask.
4. Don’t sell on chat. Especially when you’re a beginner and you need to grow trust/credibility in the market. Serve them first. Invite them for a coaching conversation.
5. Create an informative video or doc and share them with new connections. First, ask them if they even want it. It’s a brilliant conversation starter.
6. Create a weekly goal of sending X DMs to new connections. Choose the value of X based on your goals. When someone doesn’t respond, bless them and move on to the next person.
7. Be creative in your way of connecting with someone and building a relationship with them. Reflect on your approach. Pause and create space. Allow your intuition to guide you.
Coaching is a relationship business.
The sooner you learn how to create relationships, the sooner you’ll be successful in creating consistent clients.