The legendary Eat That Frog! by Brian Tracy provides the 21 most effective methods for conquering procrastination and accomplishing more.
Here are the quick getaways from the book-
- Do the most difficult task first.
- Plan every day in advance. 10 minutes spent on planning can save 1 hour of your time.
- Always think on paper. Whenever you are making a plan, write it down. I personally tried it, and it worked like charm!
- Apply 80/20 rule to everything. 20% of your activities bring 80% of the results. Focus on those 20% activities of yours.
- Prioritize everything. Make a list. Label your problems/tasks as ABCDE or 1,2,3,4,5 as per the priority.
- Be result oriented.
- Keep a check on your efficiency.
- Be thorough in your research.
- Identify, recognize and acknowledge your strengths and weaknesses.
- Be a man of action. Don’t just read, try implementing them as well.
- Procrastinate on the things that matter the least.
- Always go step by step for any approach. One step at a time.
- Work with clarity. Simplify your tasks and the way you’re planning to do them.
These are the top-13 lessons I learnt from the book “Eat That Frog!” by Brian Tracy.
It’s a short and quick read. It is recommended to everyone who wants to learn how to be more productive.
(Keep in mind, reading this book won’t suffice. You actually have to bring these changes in your lifestyle!)
Amazon link- http://amzn.to/2G8U8Os
You may also like to read-
P.S. This is my book summary of “Eat That Frog”. These points could be direct quotes from the book, and/or my thoughts and interpretation of those lines. Most importantly, this write-up is dedicated to the key points from this book.